This session will provide a recap of Unit 3, Area of Study 1 focusing mainly on:
- health status of Australians and the biological, sociocultural and environmental factors that contribute to variations between population groups including:
- males and females
- Indigenous and non-Indigenous
- high and low socioeconomic status
- those living within and outside of Australia’s major cities
- the contribution to Australia’s health status and burden of disease of smoking, alcohol, high body mass index, and dietary risks (under-consumption of vegetables, fruit and dairy foods; high intake of fat, salt and sugar; low intake of fibre and iron).
Resources provided include presentation document including practice questions and sample responses