Standard program timings at Earth Ed are listed below. However, if your school needs to adjust these hours (e.g. for travel reasons) please contact us as soon as possible to discuss alternative arrangements.
Start time: 10am
Lunch: 30 minutes
If your school arrives early, we ask that student have a break until commencement at 10:00.
Note: times can be negotiated with schools to support students participating in our programs.
Outreach times are by negotiation.
Earth Ed offers subsidised bus travel for Government schools. Please note that this bus travel will be with the company of Earth Ed’s choice – we will book your bus however it is your responsibility to contact the bus company directly to organise travel details (such as pick up times). Contact details will be provided upon confirmation of your program booking.
Non-government schools are required to arrange their own travel to Earth Ed and are responsible for all associated travel costs.
Earth Ed must be advised of any changes to numbers or cancellations at least two (2) weeks prior to the visit. Any charges associated with your visit will be charged back to your school if this does not occur.
Cancellations within 14 weeks of the confirmed program date will incur a 25% cancellation fee unless another mutually agreeable date can be booked.
Earth Ed reserves the right to:
- Reallocate your place if payment procedures are not followed, or we are unable to confirm your booking;
- Modify program content in line with demand and availability of resources at any time; and
- Vary fees for a program, impose administrative charges on overdue accounts, or refuse to accept subsequent booking requests from schools that fail to pay a cancellation fee.
There is no cost to government schools for Earth Ed programs at the centre or outreach.
Upon registration, Earth Ed requires schools to book for an approximate number of students. Final confirmation of numbers and full payment is required 7 days prior to your visit. After this time no refunds will be given if student numbers change and any additional students will be invoiced post visit.
Earth Ed’s pedagogical approach is student-centered inquiry learning. Teachers are encouraged to engage and discuss with Earth Ed educators how this approach could be incorporated into their own teaching and learning practices.
Earth Ed educators aim to facilitate and enhance the student’s experience at the centre. Visiting teachers are required to supervise and participate in all aspects of a visit to Earth Ed.
Schools must notify Earth Ed of any students with special requirements or medical conditions.
Mobile phones are not to be use or carried by students attending Earth Ed. Earth Ed will accept no responsibility for lost or stolen mobile phones.
Earth Ed is a sun smart facility and we encourage all schools to maintain their own policies whilst vising the centre.
Lunch / Breaks
Depending on the program you have selected, students will be given the appropriate number of breaks. Please ensure that students bring all their own food as there is no facility to purchase snacks or lunch onsite. All students are encouraged to utilise our outdoor areas at this time.
Images captured during our programs may be stored and used for Earth Ed publications, social media and advertising purposes. Schools are required to indicate to Earth Ed staff if there are any visiting students/staff without signed photo permissions. Earth Ed is under jurisdiction of the Safe Schools Policy.
Code of conduct
Earth Ed reserves the right:
- To exclude any participant who impedes the delivery of a program or who acts in a way to put the safety and wellbeing of any other participant at risk.
- Student behavioural expectations are to follow instructions & stay on task, listen while others are speaking, work productively in group situations and stay in the allocated work area you have been assigned to.
- Respect the environment you are in, the materials and equipment you are working with and be respectful of others at all times.
- Students are expected to stay in the defined areas, as indicated by Earth ED staff whilst at Earth Ed.
- Food and drink is to be consumed in designated areas only.
- Mobile phones are not to be carried or used by students during our programs at Earth Ed. Phones will be confiscated by the accompanying teacher.
- Earth Ed will accept no responsibility of lost or stolen mobile phones.
- Teachers are to supervise students at all times, including session breaks.
- Teachers are expected to actively participate in the programs with their class group.
- Teachers are responsible for ensuring appropriate student behaviour at all times.
A PDF version of our terms and conditions is available below.