Invite Earth Ed into your classroom to bring alive human evolution. Students will stand amongst life-sized hominin models and touch, measure and analyse their skulls. This 90-minute session is a hands-on investigation into the past, combined with the latest research, designed to compliment your lessons by capturing your students’ attention and deepen their learning.
In the hands on session, students will:
- actively measure characteristics of the skulls
- make inferences about them
- organise them into their ‘correct’ evolutionary order
- organise the life size hominin models into the correct order
- discuss important points about the adaptations of each species.
- become aware of the changing theories in the study of human evolution.